Preparing for Your Visit
To help us with the diagnosis and treatment of your pet, click here to fill out and submit our New Patient Questionnaire. Please complete this prior to your initial visit. In addition, we will contact your veterinarian to obtain medical records relating to your pet’s condition. We are able to see patients when their skin is in any condition or when they are on medication for any problems. However, certain factors may affect our ability to fully evaluate your pet, thus we request the following:
- Do not feed your pet for 8 hours before your appointment. Please DO provide water.
- Do not bathe your pet for at least 5-7 days prior to your appointment.
- Do not apply any topical medications to your pet’s skin or ears for at least 2-3 days prior to your visit.
- Should your pet require skin testing for pollen/insect allergies, steroids (topical or oral) should not be given or applied for at least 4 weeks prior to testing. Antihistamines should also be withdrawn for 2-4 weeks prior to testing. Blood allergy testing is available if your pet cannot be without steroids or antihistamines.
- A list of current and past medications your pet has received is often helpful. Please include how long the medication was given and at what dosage. If it is easier, you are welcome to bring the medications with you to your appointment.
- If your pet is diabetic or has any other medical conditions, please contact us for specific instructions on how to prepare for your pet’s appointment.
Click the button below to fill out our New Patient Questionnaire
New Patient Questionnaire